Geriatric Care Management in Irvine, CA Call Now 949-278-6181
At The Way to Aging in Irvine, CA, our geriatric care manager assists seniors with maintaining their daily lives. In geriatric care management, a well-trained manager will help seniors remain as independent as possible by considering the best residential alternatives, including assisted living facilities, supportive housing, or living at home with assistance. To be a geriatric care manager, one must have special training in social work, gerontology, counseling, or nursing. The benefits of geriatric care management encompass the lives of seniors and their families. A Geriatric Care manager can assist with ongoing monitoring, which may prevent unnecessary hospitalization or any costly crises. When an individual’s family members live far apart, or the family dynamics require a facilitator, a geriatric care manager can be especially helpful. Seniors are sometimes afraid of losing their independence, and they might not be comfortable sharing some of their fears or concerns with a loved one.
Communication & Support for Seniors
If necessary, a geriatric care manager may act as a liaison with a senior’s family to uphold good communication. Doing so with support systems, like a senior’s family, helps build or maintain important links between the senior and their family. If permission is given, a geriatric care manager can alert families to problem areas. With a geriatric care manager’s help, we can reduce the overuse of certain services and inappropriate institutional care, as well as our clients’ time, stress, miscommunication, and cost. Seniors can benefit from our geriatric care management from The Way to Aging in many ways, including the following:
- Crisis intervention provides help to stabilize situations and help with short- and long-term solutions.
- They make home visits and recommend needed services and care planning assessments, during which they identify needs, strengths, and what assistance is needed. And assessments also help decisions about whether a senior is eligible for assistance.
- Discuss difficult topics with seniors and their families, as well as complex issues like dementia, financial planning, legal planning, medical issues, placement or relocation, independence, driving, incontinence, and family dynamics.
- Evaluate and coordinate a senior’s in-home care needs, assist with referrals to professionals geriatric specialists, and select care personnel.
- Assist with relocation to a memory care facility, assisted living, and board and care.
- Provide education to seniors and their caregivers and families about self-care tips, community resources, medical options, and what services are available to them, including public and private services.
- Provide referrals to professionals, organizations, and support groups as needed. Call Now 949-278-6181
Contact The Way to Aging for Help & Support
A geriatric care manager from The Way to Aging is ready to help seniors and their families in Irvine. Contact us today to discuss how we can help individuals stay as independent as possible.