Helping Seniors & Families Serving Coto De Coza
Geriatric Care Management in Coto De Coza CA
Call Us Today 949-278-6181
A well-trained care manager can help individuals remain as independent as possible by assessing the alternatives, whether it’s living at home with assistance or in other situations, such as supportive housing or assisted living facilities. Geriatric Care Managers have special training in Gerontology, Social Work, Nursing, or Counseling.
Benefits of Geriatric Care Management
Coto De Coza CA- Assistance from a Geriatric Care Manager with ongoing monitoring can prevent costly crises and unnecessary hospitalization. Geriatric Care Managers can be especially helpful when family members live far apart or when there are family dynamics and a facilitator is needed. Sometimes seniors are fearful of losing their independence and they don’t feel comfortable sharing their fears and concerns with their loved one. A Geriatric Care Manager will act as a liaison with families to help maintain good communication with families and other support systems to build or maintain important links between seniors and their families and, with permission, to alert families to problems areas that they may be able to assist with.
Geriatric Care Managers can reduce inappropriate institutional care and overuse of services as well as reduce miscommunications, time, stress, and cost to clients.
A Local Geriatric Care Manager in Coto De Coza Can Help with:
- Crisis intervention; Providing help in a crisis to stabilize the situation and assist with short and long-term solutions.
- Make home visits and suggest needed services, care planning assessments-to identify strengths, needs, and assistance needed. Assessments also help determine eligibility for assistance.
- Discuss difficult topics and complex issues such as financial and legal planning, placement/relocation, dementia, medical issues, incontinence, driving, independence, and family dynamics. Call Now 949-278-6181
- Evaluate and coordinate in-home care needs, select care personnel, assisting with referrals to other professionals such as geriatric specialists as needed.
- Assisting with relocating to Assisted Living, Memory Care or Board and Care settings that provide direct care.
- Provide education for seniors and their families and caregivers about services available, self-care tips, medical options, community resources, as well as public and private services.
- Provide referrals to support groups, organizations, or other professionals as needed.