The Way To Aging is thrilled to offer our Geriatric Care Management and Free Senior Placement services to families in North Texas. We have been serving families in Southern California Since 2020. We are passionate about helping the elderly and their families navigate the complicated journey of aging by providing resources and services that will help the elderly age in place successfully and with dignity. The Way To Aging understands aging is a journey not only for the elderly but for the entire family, and not every journey looks the same.
We specialize in working with individuals with different types of Dementia; Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Vascular, Lewy Body, Frontotemporal, and Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI). Our goal is to provide suggestions, resources, and education to the elderly and their loved ones for them to make decisions that work best for them. When working with people with Dementia, we provide useful behavioral management information and strategies for caregivers and family members to decrease and re-direct challenging behaviors such as aggression and agitation as needed.
About the Founder: Yolanda Lawler has an extensive background in working with the geriatric population in senior living facilities, home care, and memory care settings as well as end of life (Hospice). As a Gerontologist, Yolanda understand the importance of treating older adults as the whole person by assessing the psychological, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual aspects of aging in order to determine the best approach to create a personalized care plan and enhance the person’s life.
Yolanda’s Educational background:
- Masters of Aging Services Management from the University of Southern California (USC).
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a minor in Gerontology from Cal State, University of Fullerton (CSUF).
- Screened and cleared by the Department of Social Services to work with the elderly – Residential Care Facility for the Elderly (RCFE) #6041115740.
- Member of California Council on Gerontology and Geriatric.
- Honor recipient of Sigma Phi Omega, Gamma Kappa and Psi-Chi International Honor Society.
To Learn The Benefits of Working with A Geriatric Care Manager Learn More Here Today
Call Me Today 🙂 949-278-6181