Geriatric Care Management in Wylie Tx, CA Call Now 949-278-6181
At The Way to Aging in Wylie, Texas, our geriatric care manager Yolanda Lawler Rockwall TX is dedicated to supporting seniors in maintaining their daily lives. In the field of geriatric care management, our expert manager is well-trained to help seniors preserve their independence, carefully considering various residential options such as assisted living facilities, supportive housing, or receiving assistance while continuing to reside at home.
Becoming a geriatric care manager requires specialized training in social work, gerontology, counseling, or nursing. The advantages of geriatric care management extend to the lives of seniors and their families. Yolanda Lawler provides valuable support through ongoing monitoring, potentially preventing unnecessary hospitalizations or costly crises. In situations where family members are geographically distant or family dynamics necessitate a neutral facilitator, our geriatric care manager becomes an invaluable resource.
Seniors may often harbor fears of losing their independence and may feel hesitant to share certain concerns with loved ones. Recognizing this, our geriatric care manager serves as a compassionate ally, offering a safe space for seniors to express their fears and concerns. This fosters a supportive environment that benefits both seniors and their families.
Communication & Support for Seniors in Wylie Texas
If necessary, a geriatric care manager may act as a liaison with a senior’s family to uphold good communication. Doing so with support systems, like a senior’s family, helps build or maintain important links between the senior and their family. If permission is given, a geriatric care manager can alert families to problem areas. With a geriatric care manager’s help, we can reduce the overuse of certain services and inappropriate institutional care, as well as our clients’ time, stress, miscommunication, and cost. Seniors can benefit from our geriatric care management from The Way to Aging in many ways, including the following:
- Crisis intervention provides help to stabilize situations and help with short- and long-term solutions.
- They make home visits and recommend needed services and care planning assessments, during which they identify needs, strengths, and what assistance is needed. And assessments also help decisions about whether a senior is eligible for assistance.
- Discuss difficult topics with seniors and their families, as well as complex issues like dementia, financial planning, legal planning, medical issues, placement or relocation, independence, driving, incontinence, and family dynamics.
- Evaluate and coordinate a senior’s in-home care needs, assist with referrals to professionals geriatric specialists, and select care personnel.
- Assist with relocation to a memory care facility, assisted living, and board and care.
- Provide education to seniors and their caregivers and families about self-care tips, community resources, medical options, and what services are available to them, including public and private services.
- Provide referrals to professionals, organizations, and support groups as needed. Call Now 949-278-6181
Contact The Way to Aging for Help & Support
A geriatric care manager from The Way to Aging is ready to help seniors and their families in Irvine. Contact us today to discuss how we can help individuals stay as independent as possible.