Geriatric Care Management in Irving, TX Call Now 949-278-6181
At The Way to Aging serving Irving, TX, our geriatric care manager plays a crucial role in supporting seniors to maintain their daily lives. Specializing in geriatric care management, our well-trained manager strives to help seniors retain as much independence as possible. This involves thoughtful consideration of various residential alternatives, including assisted living facilities, supportive housing, or remaining at home with necessary assistance.
To become a geriatric care manager, one must undergo specialized training in social work, gerontology, counseling, or nursing. The advantages of geriatric care management extend to both seniors and their families. Our care manager can provide ongoing monitoring, potentially preventing unnecessary hospitalizations or costly crises. Particularly beneficial in situations where family members are geographically distant or when family dynamics require a neutral facilitator, a geriatric care manager serves as a valuable resource.
Seniors, at times, may harbor concerns about losing their independence and may not feel entirely comfortable sharing certain fears or worries with loved ones. A geriatric care manager serves as a trusted and empathetic ally, addressing these concerns and fostering a supportive environment for the well-being of seniors and their families.
Communication & Support for Seniors Irving, TX
If necessary, a geriatric care manager may act as a liaison with a senior’s family to uphold good communication. Doing so with support systems, like a senior’s family, helps build or maintain important links between the senior and their family. If permission is given, a geriatric care manager can alert families to problem areas. With a geriatric care manager’s help, we can reduce the overuse of certain services and inappropriate institutional care, as well as our clients’ time, stress, miscommunication, and cost. Seniors can benefit from our geriatric care management from The Way to Aging in many ways, including the following:
- Crisis intervention provides help to stabilize situations and help with short- and long-term solutions.
- They make home visits and recommend needed services and care planning assessments, during which they identify needs, strengths, and what assistance is needed. And assessments also help decisions about whether a senior is eligible for assistance.
- Discuss difficult topics with seniors and their families, as well as complex issues like dementia, financial planning, legal planning, medical issues, placement or relocation, independence, driving, incontinence, and family dynamics.
Serving All of North Texas
- Evaluate and coordinate a senior’s in-home care needs, assist with referrals to professionals geriatric specialists, and select care personnel.
- Assist with relocation to a memory care facility, assisted living, and board and care.
- Provide education to seniors and their caregivers and families about self-care tips, community resources, medical options, and what services are available to them, including public and private services.
- Provide referrals to professionals, organizations, and support groups as needed. Call Now 949-278-6181
Contact The Way to Aging for Help & Support North Texas
A geriatric care manager from The Way to Aging is ready to help seniors and their families in Irvine. Contact us today to discuss how we can help individuals stay as independent as possible.